HELP WITH FOOD
FOOD OUTREACH SERVICE
- Weekly Food Program
- To apply for the Food Outreach Program download or pick up an application from the HOY Office.
- Call the HOY Office (310-675-1384) for an appointment to be interviewed.
- If you qualify, you will be assigned a day to pick up food once a week between 2:00 pm – 3:00pm on Weekdays or 1:45 – 2:00pm on Saturday
- We ask a $2.00 donation to help defray the increased cost of gas for the trucks.
- Emergency Food Program
- If your family needs food, call the HOY Office (310-675-1384) between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday.
- The first 10 callers are accepted and can come to HOY that day between 2:00pm – 3:00 pm, 1:45 – 2:00pm on Saturday.
- A picture ID must be provided.
- We ask a $2.00 donation to help defray the increased cost of gas for the food collection trucks.
HELP WITH CLOTHING
CLOTHING OUTREACH SERVICE
- Have an important meeting or job interview? Can’t afford new clothes, come to SBOC and we will help.
- If you can’t afford to shop in our store we will give you clothes
- Men are served every Tuesday between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Women and families are provided clothing outreach services Wednesday between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
MAIL SERVICE OUTREACH
- Download or pick up an application from the HOY Office.
- Pick up with ID between 9:00am and 4:00pm
SOCIAL SERVICE OUTREACH
Provides immediate help and support to clients in need.
Outreach begins with listening. Our Social Service Coordinator or designated staff members meets with clients to understand their situation and evaluate the help we can provide to solve their problem or challenge. A summary of the types of requests we receive include:
SOCIAL SERVICE REFERRAL
When the House of Yahweh can't provide an immediate solution to a client's problem or challenge we find a partner agency to help.
We do not just provide an name and a number and pass our clients off to another agency; we help them understand the referral agency's process and many times stay with them through the process as a mentor or coach. Our objective is to get our client's the help they need.
We have many great partners in our social service support network. Below is a short list of those we frequently call for client support. We recommend your support of these agencies through civic action or fundraising for nonprofit agencies: